The core idea behind the hybrid solution is to enable organisers to benefit from the advantages of the online features, while being able to have the exhibitors and participants meet in person at a physical venue. This solution brings limitless possibilities regarding online and physical attendance for both recruiters and candidates, and therefore combines the best of both worlds.
As the organiser of a hybrid event, you and your exhibitors can be more creative with your breakout rooms and presentations. For instance, you can still host them online with the usual zoom setup, but as you are no longer limited by the speakers being at home, you can have a more professional setup, with a better camera and microphone. With hybrid, the speakers can address people both online and present physically, creating dynamic interaction opportunities.
You can also decide to spread your event over several days, having one day only in person, so exhibitors and candidates can meet in person at the physical stall and then the next day can take place online to continue chats virtually, and allow students to browse the stalls further, as well as to apply for jobs.
The “Graduateland Events” App
Graduateland’s app for hybrid events is a way to digitise your event to the extent of your choosing.
The app can be used instead of a computer if you attend events digitally. You can do the same things such as streaming Live Presentations, chat, video calls, share your profile with companies etc. However, we do recommend using a computer if you intend to attend 100% online for the best experience, even if it is possible to use the app.
When you attend the event physically. The app can be used to:
- Let the organisers know if you will attend the event physically or online.
- Check the map of the physical venue. (Where are the different recruiters’ stands located?)
- Connect with companies online. If there is a long line to a specific stall, instead of waiting 20 minutes for your turn you can connect with the company online, letting them know that you would like to talk to them when they have time.
- Book 1 to 1 conversations with companies. These conversations can be set up as either physical or virtual by the companies.
- Chat with the companies.
- Scan QR-codes to find the online content of that specific company.
- View the online content the different companies have
- Edit your profile
The participants will login into the app with the same details as they would on the browser version to get access to the event area.
When creating the event
- Add a physical location name and address for your event to give the candidates an easy way to find the venue. This will automatically attach an interactive map with that location, directly in the event overview. No chance for the participants to get lost on the way!
- For multiple day events, you have the option to decide which days will be taking place online only. This will make the setup of your event a lot clearer to the candidates.
- Add the location’s map to give the candidates a visual guide of the venue. This would be a chance to add a map of the exhibitor hall itself so candidates can easily find their way around the different stalls. This will need to be an image file such as one with jpeg format.
- Clicking on the new QR page button will allow you to display the QR code at your physical venue so participants can easily access the online part of the event. They simply scan the QR code with their mobile device and are redirected to your event.
When you are managing the event as admin
- You will be able to see in the participant tab where the candidates are joining from (online/in person), giving you a good idea of the candidates’ preferences and what to expect on the day. This information will also be visible in the LIVE Statistics.
When candidates register to the event
- They will have the chance to set whether they are attending from online, physically, or both. This information will be visible to recruiters and to you in the event admin.
When creating the Live Presentations
- You can add a physical location to your live presentations, making it easier to find for participants attending in person. The participants will find this information in the Schedule tab of the event.
- There is also a 4th option so you can add a live presentation that will only take place in person. These will also be displayed in the Presentations tab on the candidate side, but it will not be possible to watch them on the online platform.
When adding Video Conversations
- Recruiters can decide whether they want the video conversation booking to take place online or in person. If they select “Online”, a link to join the meeting virtually will automatically be created. If they select Physical, no video call link will be generated and they will need to add the “Physical location”of the meeting.
When adding Breakout Rooms
- Recruiters can decide whether they want their breakout room to take place only online, only in person or both. If they choose to have it online only, they would set it up and a link to join the room virtually will automatically be created. If they wish to have it both ways, they would set it up the same way but also add a physical location.
- If instead the recruiter wishes to have the breakout room only available in person at the physical venue, they can select the 3rd option. Candidates will still be able to see it in their stall and see the physical location for the breakout room, but they will not be able to join it via an online call.
When exhibitors set up their stalls
- Recruiters can decide if they want the online chat function to be available in their stall. For instance, they may only want to share information and visual content via the online stall but prefer for actual chat interactions to take place in person.
In that case, they can disable the Active chat function in the Stall settings tab. This will remove all chat topics from the stall on the candidate side.
- Exhibitors can decide which of their recruiters will attend the event online only or online and in person, by check-marking the “Also on location” box next to the recruiter name when inviting them to the stall Team. This will be displayed on the candidate side within the stall.
- Exhibitors will have access to a QR Code button at the top left of their stall settings tab. This will allow them to easily display the QR code to candidates at the physical venue. Candidates visiting their stall person will then be able to scan the code with their mobile device and access the online stall to see the jobs and connect with the recruiters virtually.